My name is Daniel Watkins, a Community Advocate for Adults with Autism and Learning Disabilities across Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin.
In early December 2020, I was awarded The Coronavirus Learning Disability and Autism Leaders’ List award for the voluntary work I do to ensure that those with such abilities can have their voices heard by their local government.
My work consists of 5 elements which are:
- Listen and gather information
- Speak with a local advice service relating to the individual’s concern’s
- Collate all information into a report
- Speak with the relevant organisation to encourage change with the report produced
- Feedback to the individual